Waiting for the Moo

Monday, February 18th, 2008 — 12:09pm PDT

Like most folks planning to attend Northern Voice this year, I ordered some Moo cards. This is only the second time I’ve done so, and the first was during their free promotion when they first came on the scene.

Photo Credit: photojunkie on Flickr

Unfortunately everyone I know who has ordered cards, has yet to received them. Could it just be a back up due to a rush from 300 Northern Voice participants? Or is there something else holding up these brilliant little cards? Maybe they’ll post something soon on the Moo Blog (if it is a serious issue). Regardless, my confirmation of shipping date was February 6th so let me ask:

When were your cards shipped and have you received your Moos yet?

1. tyfn says:

I am thinking about paying extra to get my cards here quickly (once I send the order). I leave for SXSW on the 6th.

2. Duane Storey says:

I got notification last week that they were being shipped, but I haven’t seen them yet. Canada post has lost a few packages of mine lately though, so maybe the CP monster ate it.

3. John says:

I think mine were supposed to ship on the 7th or 8th so I’m still in the delivery window…nothing today but hopefully by Thursday for NV but they should definitely arrive before SXSW (which also may be the reason for the surge in orders).

@John – yeah you’re probably right. I should have thought a little more ahead. However, I’m hoping that Miss604 stickers will make their debut on Thursday as well đŸ™‚

5. Loxy says:

I’ve used the moo folks several times… for mini cards and for stickers. There was one time that they were way delayed and so I sent them a message and they shipped out a second set for free.

From my experience they are usually really quick or really slow – but when they are really slow, I assume they are missing and send out an email.

6. Karen says:

I, too, ordered moocards once in the past when they had the free cards, and then last month I ordered some for Northern Voice. They shipped on February 4th and as of today’s mail they still haven’t arrived! I’ve had quite a few late packages since I moved to B.C., so I suspect the fault is with Canada Post and not moo.

7. Keira-Anne says:

I ordered mine on February 4th and received an e-mail confirming they’d been shipped on February 7th. I’m with Duane on this one – I’m quite sure the Canada Post monster swallowed them whole.

8. gusgreeper says:

mine shipped last week like duane’s but his were likely first but last week all the same.

i also think it is however they are shipping them moo seems to perform fine they shipped when they said they would…whatever way they are shipping needs to be reevaluated …. as mentioned when our buddies from England send us stuff, ltrs or boxes we get them right away and they come regular international shipping.

9. Jennie says:

They come from the UK so who knows where and when they’ll stop on their way to you. It took me about three weeks to get mine about 2 months ago.

10. […] everyone is still waiting on their Moo cards, my good friend has mass-produced some stickers that I’ll be handing out to all who want them […]

11. Leftantler ordered Moo cards on 31st January, and they supposedly shipped on 5th February. As of today no sign of them.

Now too last for Northern Voice this is a repeat of when I ordered some, like Miss 604 back when they started. Back then, they didn’t arrive and they had to resend them – I am beginning to think this company is behaving fraudulently.

I know they come from the UK – but being from the UK I know I can get normal mail from there in 5-7 days, so there really is no excuse. Pathetic really.

12. […] of all, I received confirmation that my cards were in the mail on February 6th, given the estimated arrival time of 5-7 days, the four weeks they’ve taken to get here is […]

13. Keri says:

I received a set of 10 moo cards for free (for signing up for flickr pro) and ordered them on the 14th of February. They STILL haven’t shown up and are, in fact, still showing as “printing” on the moo site. I’ve contacted their people twice and sent yet another email today, and all they keep telling me is that there are “printing problems which are not resolved and you should receive your order soon.” Glad to know from this post and it’s comments that I’m not the only one waiting.

14. Keri says:

Oops, meant to say “printing problems which are NOW resolved.”

15. […] recalled a number of people complaining that the Moo cards they ordered for Northern Voice or SXSW took forever to arrive, so I […]

Young Women in Business: Beyond Pink