Tickets for the the 3rd annual BC Beer Awards go on sale tomorrow, Saturday, September 1, 2012. Last year over 400 entries were submitted from 35 breweries across BC and this year, the event is paired with another celebration of local beer.
The BC Beer Awards coincide with CAMRA’s Harvest Cask Festival, a seasonal festival of brews hosted by the Campaign for Real Ale chapter in Vancouver and BC. Pumpkins, imperials, sours, fresh hops, earthy seasonals and full flavoured ales.
When Saturday, October 13, 2012 from 1:00pm to 7:00pm
Where Chapel Arts (304 Dunlevy Avenue, Vancouver)
Tickets $35 and on sale exclusively online starting at 7:00pm on September 1st. Tickets include 4 drink tokens and a 4oz taster glass to keep.
Last year’s BC Beer Awards gold winners include (but are not limited to)…
- Lager/Pilsner: Conrad Gmoser of Steamworks Brewing Company: Pilsner
- Pale: Gary Lohan of Red Racer Brewing: Pale Ale
- Scottish/Irish: Brent Mills of R&B Brewing: Auld Nick Winter Ale
- IPA: Stefan Buhl of Tree Brewing: Hophead Double India Pale Ale
- Sour/Fruit: Stefan Buhl of Tree Brewing: Raspberry Porter
- Best Specialty: Paul Wilson & Franco Corno of Howe Sound Brewing: MegaDestroyer.
With great beer you also need to have great food so two of Vancouver’s hottest food trucks will be on-site for the evening.