As much as I love the diversity of neighbourhoods in Vancouver, from the quiet oak-lined streets of the West Side to the community parks of Strathcona and the sloped views of Sunset, the West End downtown has been my home for nearly seven years now. I love that I can walk in a block or two from a major downtown street and hear birds chirping and lawn mowers trimming. Today’s round-up of photos from the Vancouver Public Library‘s archives features the grand old houses of the West End, some of which are still around today.
- Enter here to win a family 4-pack of tickets for Playland (until May 23)
- Enter here to win a getaway to Ucluelet and surf lessons (until May 24)
- Enter here to win lunch for two at Reflections (until May 25)
- Enter here to win a Shaw Gateway Whole Home HDPVR prize package (until May 30)
- View a complete list of contests »