It was on this day in history (1868) that the second Earl Granville was named Secretary of the Colonies. Granville Townsite (Gastown), Granville Street, Granville Island. have all been named after him. It’s a nice tie-in to today’s collection of photos from the archives, which all feature Granville Island. At this time of year it’s just as alive as in the summer with holiday gift shoppers visiting local artisans, dinner essentials getting hand-picked in the market, and holiday plays bringing audience to theatres to laugh and be inspired.
- Enter here to win a 4 pack of Vancouver Christmas Market passes (until November 25)
- Enter here to win 1 of 2 robotic toys from Best Buy (until November 25)
- Enter here to win your way into a glass ornament making workshop (until November 26)
- Enter here to win 4 tickets to the Vancouver Giants' Teddy Bear Toss game night (until November 27)
- View a complete list of contests »