It was on this day in history (1868) that the second Earl Granville was named Secretary of the Colonies. Granville Townsite (Gastown), Granville Street, Granville Island. have all been named after him. It’s a nice tie-in to today’s collection of photos from the archives, which all feature Granville Island. At this time of year it’s just as alive as in the summer with holiday gift shoppers visiting local artisans, dinner essentials getting hand-picked in the market, and holiday plays bringing audience to theatres to laugh and be inspired.
- Enter here to win tickets to 1 of 3 City of Vancouver Archives film screenings (until October 31)
- Enter here to win tickets to CircusFest (until November 2)
- Enter here to win tickets to Ballet BC's season opener (until November 3)
- Enter here to win a Zero Waste Holiday prize pack for the whole family (until November 5)
- View a complete list of contests »