It was on this day in history (1868) that the second Earl Granville was named Secretary of the Colonies. Granville Townsite (Gastown), Granville Street, Granville Island. have all been named after him. It’s a nice tie-in to today’s collection of photos from the archives, which all feature Granville Island. At this time of year it’s just as alive as in the summer with holiday gift shoppers visiting local artisans, dinner essentials getting hand-picked in the market, and holiday plays bringing audience to theatres to laugh and be inspired.
- Enter here to win a family prize pack for Canyon Lights at Capilano Suspension Bridge (until December 5)
- Enter here to win a $1,100 Got Craft? Holiday Edition prize package (until December 6)
- Enter here to win tickets to Goh Ballet's The Nutcracker (until December 7)
- Enter here to win local gift box (until December 8)
- View a complete list of contests »