It was on this day in history (1868) that the second Earl Granville was named Secretary of the Colonies. Granville Townsite (Gastown), Granville Street, Granville Island. have all been named after him. It’s a nice tie-in to today’s collection of photos from the archives, which all feature Granville Island. At this time of year it’s just as alive as in the summer with holiday gift shoppers visiting local artisans, dinner essentials getting hand-picked in the market, and holiday plays bringing audience to theatres to laugh and be inspired.
- Enter here to win lift passes and a $50 Grouse Mountain gift card (until March 11)
- Enter here to win tickets to see Tori Amos live in concert in Vancouver (until March 12)
- Enter here to win tickets to PlayDome at BC Place for Spring Break (until March 13)
- Enter here to win tickets to Annie + Purdys Chocolates thanks to Variety BC (until March 14)
- View a complete list of contests »