It was on this day in history (1868) that the second Earl Granville was named Secretary of the Colonies. Granville Townsite (Gastown), Granville Street, Granville Island. have all been named after him. It’s a nice tie-in to today’s collection of photos from the archives, which all feature Granville Island. At this time of year it’s just as alive as in the summer with holiday gift shoppers visiting local artisans, dinner essentials getting hand-picked in the market, and holiday plays bringing audience to theatres to laugh and be inspired.
- Enter here to win a 1-night stay at the Harbour Towers in Victoria (until June 20)
- Enter here to win your way into the Nicli Pizzeria Winemaker's Dinner with LaStella (until June 20)
- Enter here to win dinner for two at Yew Seafood + Bar (until June 21)
- Enter here to win 4 tickets to the Vancouver Canadians game on June 29th (until June 24th)
- Enter here to win 2 x EDGE 4 Packs of tickets to the Dancing on the Edge Festival (until June 25)
- View a complete list of contests »