It was on this day in history (1868) that the second Earl Granville was named Secretary of the Colonies. Granville Townsite (Gastown), Granville Street, Granville Island. have all been named after him. It’s a nice tie-in to today’s collection of photos from the archives, which all feature Granville Island. At this time of year it’s just as alive as in the summer with holiday gift shoppers visiting local artisans, dinner essentials getting hand-picked in the market, and holiday plays bringing audience to theatres to laugh and be inspired.
- Enter here to win tickets to opening night of The Daisy Theatre at The Cultch (until November 28)
- Enter here to win a Vancouver Brewery Tours Holiday Gift Pack (until December 1)
- Enter here to win an Earth Mud Wrap from Spa Utopia (until December 2)
- Enter here to win tickets to Chelsea Hotel: The Songs of Leonard Cohen (until December 3)
- View a complete list of contests »