It was on this day in history (1868) that the second Earl Granville was named Secretary of the Colonies. Granville Townsite (Gastown), Granville Street, Granville Island. have all been named after him. It’s a nice tie-in to today’s collection of photos from the archives, which all feature Granville Island. At this time of year it’s just as alive as in the summer with holiday gift shoppers visiting local artisans, dinner essentials getting hand-picked in the market, and holiday plays bringing audience to theatres to laugh and be inspired.
- Enter here to win a $175 West Vancouver/British Properties prize pack (until April 1)
- Enter here to win a $50 Urban Barn gift card (until April 2)
- Enter here to win Happy Hour for 8 people (value $250) at Boulevard in Downtown Vancouver (until April 3)
- Enter here to win 4 tickets to see My Fair Lady (until April 7)
- View a complete list of contests »