It was on this day in history (1868) that the second Earl Granville was named Secretary of the Colonies. Granville Townsite (Gastown), Granville Street, Granville Island. have all been named after him. It’s a nice tie-in to today’s collection of photos from the archives, which all feature Granville Island. At this time of year it’s just as alive as in the summer with holiday gift shoppers visiting local artisans, dinner essentials getting hand-picked in the market, and holiday plays bringing audience to theatres to laugh and be inspired.
- Enter here to win tickets to see Happy Place (until October 18)
- Enter here to win a pair of tickets to the David Foster Foundation Miracle Gala (until October 19)
- Enter here to win a VanArts prize pack ($200 value) (until October 20)
- Enter here to win tickets for the Haunted Trolley Tour (until October 22)
- View a complete list of contests »